Systems Administrator (1121)
Location: Arlington, VA
The Systems Administrator is a key role providing technical leadership and significant subject matter expertise relating to enterprise computing systems. The position is responsible for the successful operation technology products and associated enterprise systems. The Systems Administrator installs, configures, and maintains various information systems in a cloud-based computing environment. This person is responsible for system availability, security, data integrity, and business continuity. In addition to technical execution, the Systems Administrator defines and documents polices relating to the successful operation of the assigned system.
The duties of Systems Administrator will include release management of cloud-hosted software serving Department of Defense (DoD) customers, the on-going management of the cloud computing environment, troubleshooting performance issues, and optimizing network and server configuration. Maintaining the Information Assurance posture of the systems which includes the implementation and management of Host Base Security System (HBSS) serving the DoD customer is a central responsibility of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in the set-up and on-going operation of DoD cloud-based software systems
- Interact with Department of Defense technical resources to address operational issues
- Working with senior corporate leadership and military information technology resources, define Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Enforce and maintain SOPs. Providing reporting and feedback as required regarding performance and effectiveness
- Create and manage servers within Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 environment
- Administer firewall and routers filters and rules for various network subdomains in a cloud-based, customer facing system
- Optimize network and server performance
- Implement DoD Security and Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs) for various server configurations
- Install and configure Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Maintain business continuity systems, including site fail over, system recovery and restoration
- Develop automated monitoring routines to provide early warning of systems in distress
- Develop security, operations, and other standards for internal Linux systems
- Deploy, configure, manage, and monitor internal Linux servers
- Perform Research & Development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of systems administration experience
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) tools, including EC2, Direct Connect, S3, or other similar cloud service.
- Experience with ACAS
- Experience with scripting
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience installing and configuring HBSS a plus
- Security + CE, CISSP, or other similar security certification preferred
- AWS Certified Solution Architect a plus
- RHCSA, LFCS, or LPI- 1 a plus
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology services company serving the Department of Defense. SYNCADD has provided technology solutions with a strong focus on customer success. SYNCADD is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, with regional offices in Crystal City, VA; Daleville, VA; and San Antonio, Texas.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: Systems Administrator (#1121).