Systems Administrator (1119)
Location: Arlington, VA
The Systems Administrator is a key role providing technical leadership and significant subject matter expertise relating to enterprise computing systems. This position is responsible for the successful deployment, operation, maintenance, and monitoring of technology products and associated enterprise systems and for system availability, security, data integrity, and business continuity. The Systems Administrator will install, configure, and maintain various information systems in datacenter and cloud-based computing environments. In addition to technical execution, the Systems Administrator defines and documents polices relating to the successful operation of the assigned system.
The duties of the Systems Administrator will include release management of datacenter and cloud-hosted software serving Department of Defense (DoD) customers, the on-going management of the computing environments, troubleshooting performance issues, and optimizing network and server configuration. Maintaining the Information Assurance posture of the systems which includes the implementation and management of Host Base Security System (HBSS) serving the DoD customer is a central responsibility of the position.
Please note, the position responsibilities as they stand now are datacenter based, however, the platform is in the process of being moved to the cloud. A candidate with a cloud background is strongly preferred, but a candidate with enthusiasm for a cloud migration is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in the set-up and on-going operation of DoD cloud-based software systems
- Interact with DoD technical resources to address operational issues
- Work with senior corporate leadership and military information technology resources to define Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Enforce and maintain SOPs. Provide reporting and feedback, as required, regarding performance and effectiveness
- Create and manage servers within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 environment and/or Microsoft Azure
- Administer firewall and router filters and rules for various network subdomains
- Optimize network and server performance
- Implement DoD Security and Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs) for various server configurations
- Install and configure Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Maintain business continuity systems, including site fail-over, system recovery, and restoration
- Develop automated monitoring routines to provide early warning of systems in distress
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems administration experience
- 2+ years of experience in DoD installation management (CIO/G6, Netcom, or equivalent)
- One of the following Microsoft certifications: MCSE, MCITP, or MCSA
- One of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security+, SSCP, CCNA Security, or CISSP
- IIS admin experience
- MS SQL Server admin experience
- Experience applying STIGS
- HBSS experience
- Windows scripting experience
- Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Secret Clearance
- Recent Common Access Card (CAC) access
- MS Azure experience
- MS Azure certification
- PowerShell Scripting experience
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology services company serving the Department of Defense. SYNCADD has provided technology solutions with a strong focus on customer success. SYNCADD is a privately owned company with corporate headquarters in Honolulu Hawaii, and regional offices in Crystal City, VA, and San Antonio, Texas.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: Systems Administrator (#1119).