GIS Analyst (#1122)
Location: Fort Jackson, SC
SYNCADD is actively recruiting a GIS Analyst who possesses sound expertise in geospatial technologies and analytic methodologies. The analyst must be self-motivated with exceptional planning, critical thinking, analytical and communication skills. The GIS Analyst is responsible for collecting, editing, and maintaining geospatial datasets to meet Army standards. The GIS Analyst will support thematic map development and will develop process automation to efficiently meet client needs. The analyst participates in the design of GIS databases and performs other related tasks as required.
This job is a full time. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen and capable of attaining required security clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collects, maintains and manages GIS data to Federal DoD standards
- Reviews and evaluates maps, data, and other document sources for entry into the GIS
- Compiles customer needs into actionable Map and Analysis projects
- Reviews multiple geospatial datasets and makes determination as to consolidation of data
- Conducts Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews to validate data attributes for geospatial data layers
- Use GPS equipment to facilitate data collection and post processing of data
- Investigates and verifies geographic and land use data by making physical inspections and/or surveys of real property assets.
- Import GIS and CAD data and developing, analyzing, manipulating, extracting and importing of data to meet US Army requirements.
- Researches the GIS needs of clients.
- Prepares models, diagrams and technical documentation for GIS applications, GIS database metadata and operating procedures.
- Researches, gathers, reads, and interprets resource documents and/or digital data for use in GIS project.
- Digitizes data and/or utilizes GIS/GPS processes to develop spatial data as required for GIS project.
- Utilizes GIS/GPS technology to develop and produce maps, data, and reports.
- Performs quality assurance/quality control methods to groom Public Safety GIS data and ensure a high degree of data consistency, integrity, and accuracy.
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in physical or natural science, geography, engineering, planning, computer science or a related field
- Three years of experience using GIS software in the design and production of thematic maps and other applications.
- Three years of experience using Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server products
- One year of experience using Bentley Microstation
- Active US Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geography, GIS or related field.
- GISP Certification.
- Five years of experience using Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server products
- Three years of experience using Bentley Microstation
- Experience with GPS field collection
- QA/QC experience preferred
- Experience with the Spatial Data Standard for Installations & the Environment (SDSFIE).
- Must have a sound technical understanding of key technologies (GIS, CAD, RDBMS) and systems.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense Real Property and space management a plus.
This job is a full time position. Travel is required for this position (<10%). Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen and capable of attaining required security clearance.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package that includes health care, retirement benefits, direct deposit and more.
Apply here: GIS Analyst #1122.
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company that services Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD is headquartered in Honolulu with personnel located throughout the Pacific and continental U.S. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services that assist them with effective management of key assets (facilities, space, inventory, costs, and organizations).
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer