Geospatial Technical Writer (1114)
1235 South Clark Street, Suite 610 | Arlington, VA 22202
SYNCADD Systems, Inc., is seeking a Geospatial Technical Writer with 2-3 years of writing experience and 1-2 years of geospatial technology experiences to work on a team that supports a large DoD client. This role requires detailed geospatial technical writing as well as working collaboratively with other geospatial disciplines. The technical writer must be self-motivated and have good cross-functional skills to perform critical analysis of policy initiatives, document analytical processes, excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and technical familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing guidance, policy, and regulations that affect the processes associated with the geospatial program, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control;
- Compile Standard Operating Procedures for multiple analytical tasks from multiple input sources and maintain on a regular basis including soliciting feedback from original sources.
- Review and assist in developing draft plans, documents and guidance, focusing on enterprise geospatial data management;
- Logically organizes and drafts short papers, reports, or major sections of larger deliverables, free of grammatical and spelling errors, which accurately capture ideas and add value;
- Prepare metadata and other documentation;
- Monitor technological, legal and operational changes that affect geospatial data standards and work processes;
- Utilizes GIS/GPS technology to develop and produce maps, data, and reports;
- Provide staff support to working groups, committees and task forces;
- Demonstrates professionalism, work ethic, and an appreciation of diverse perspectives.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Earth Sciences, Engineering or a related field;
- 2 – 3 years of experience performing technical writing;
- 1 – 2 years of experience using GIS software;
- Must have a technical understanding of key technologies (GIS) and systems.
- Ability to interact with military personnel, DOD personnel and other contract workers to work on different projects to assist in overall program support;
- Must possess strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines with quality work;
- Highly motivated, exceptionally skilled at problem solving, able to adapt quickly and can work well in a team environment and individually;
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe office products and other industry standard applications (Esri ArcGIS, Excel, Access);
- Experience with the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) a plus
This job is a full time position and will be located in Northern Virginia. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen and capable of attaining Secret security clearance. Preference will be given to candidates that possess an active clearance.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position includes health care and retirement benefits.
Apply here: Geospatial Technical Writer (#1114).
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company that services Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD is headquartered in Honolulu with personnel located throughout the Pacific and continental U.S. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services that assist them with effective management of key assets (facilities, space, inventory, costs, and organizations).
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer