Field Survey Technician I (#1100)
The Field Survey Technician creates detailed digital floor plans by physically laser dimensioning or surveying buildings on a military installation and documenting accurate space dimensions on the fly using mobile computing tools. Simultaneously the Field Survey Technician records detailed information about each space within the building including such information as how the space is used, organization/unit using the space, and the number of staff assigned to the space. This position requires working as part of team and requires the ability to meet performance goals while maintaining standards of accuracy.
The Survey Tech will also document the building with photographs.
The role entails extensive interaction with military and civilian personnel in a military setting.
- Working with our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), use a laser measuring device to collect measurements of all interior & exterior spaces in a building.
- Validate existing floor plans using a laser measuring device to verify dimensions as noted on the floor plan, and document where discrepancies exist.
- Utilize mobile computing and digital measuring devices to generate highly accurate floor plans
- Maintain a high level of productivity in assigned surveys
- Ensure detailed data quality standards are consistently maintained
- Interact in a professional manner with military and civilian personnel on a military installation
- Due to Federal contract requirements, must be U.S. Citizen
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport
- Prior military experience is preferred
- CAD background is preferred
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new circumstances
- Good basic computer skills
- Excellent Can Do attitude
- Mature and reliable work ethic
- Physically able to walk or stand for 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- No prior facilities survey experience required, but helpful
- Ability to pass government background investigation
This is a full-time position. 100% travel is required. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position includes health care and retirement benefits.
Apply here: Field Survey Technician I (#1100).
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company servicing Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD‘s headquarters is located in Honolulu, HI with branch offices in Alexandria, VA, San Antonio, TX, and Daleville, VA and with personnel located throughout the continental United States. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services assisting with effective management of key resources.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer