Database Analyst (#1125)
1235 South Clark Street, Suite 610 | Arlington, VA 22202 | Tel (808) 941-8286
SYNCADD is looking for a Database Analyst to perform analysis with a primary focus on master planning through analysis of energy and water security efforts and encroachment issues. Candidates will be expected to work individually and within a group environment.
The Database Analyst will work with key stakeholders to define problems/needs and develop methods to analyze and to determine optimal solutions. This may require the use of conceptual studies, statistical analysis, simulation modeling, and other optimization processes to determine the best solution. The Database Analyst will also interact with system designers and developers to convey the needs and the interface requirements. Must be able to aggregate and analyze data with a focus on establishing key business insights, developing and monitoring key metrics, creating materials to communicate those insights.
Responsibilities include analytical data quality review, loading data into databases, producing tabular and graphic data summaries, identifying data issues and recommending solutions, defining data management strategies and helping develop data management workflows. The ideal candidate has strong quantitative skills, is knowledgeable in statistics and data mining techniques, supported by strong skills in SQL Server, Visual Basic Application (VBA), MS Access and Excel.
This position will support a large Federal government effort and the Data Analyst will work in a client-facing environment and in collaboration with a team of peers to help create those outcomes that have economic and process improvement impact. Specific tasks may include:
- Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using SQL Server, Visual Basic Application (VBA) in association with MS Access and Excel
- Create complex MS Access forms and reports that display multiple queries on a single page
- Creating automation running over multiple MS Office applications to export tables/queries and run MS Excel macros to repurpose and format data
- Mapping and tracing data from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem
- Summarize and synthesize complex analyses into simplified terms and present results to decision makers; Adept at queries and report writing
- Plan, evaluate, coordinate, and integrate actions with other staff elements and functions
Familiarity with Federal Government project work is desirable. At least five (5) years of direct experience in data intensive technical projects or other relevant experience requiring specialty expertise. This individual must have experience in complex work assignments requiring analytical and planning skills; have the technical competency to understand the potential and the limitations of information technology; be familiar with MS Access, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) programming languages, and hardware platforms; able to write & communicate user needs/requests and convert them into technical specifications; able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources such as different databases; able to use statistical and data modeling methods to define problems and determine optimal solutions, examine data/information to identify what is relevant to the problem and determine what methods should be used for analysis; gather input from various users, stakeholders, or other subject matter experts to understand all aspects of the needs; act as a key liaison between vendors, IT professionals, and the organization(s) they represent; and create reports, documents, and memos outlining the key findings and present recommendations.
- Must possess Microsoft Access and VBA proficiency
- Must possess at least five (5) years of data analysis project experience or 3 years of relevant experience with a Computer Science or other technical degree.
- Must possess strong Excel skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must possess problem solving skills, including research design and methodology development
- Must possess experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge/experience collecting or managing federal real property data
- Employs statistical and mathematical concepts to create models necessary for development of recommendations and solutions
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage change
- DoD or Federal Government experience, specifically Army installation management real property systems
- Experience with SQL Server
- Familiarity with the facility/building real property
- Familiarity conducting Geospatial Analysis
This job is a full time position and will be located in Northern Virginia. The candidate must be a US Citizen and capable of attaining Secret security clearance.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position includes health care and retirement benefits.
Apply here: Database Analyst (#1125)
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company that services Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD is headquartered in Honolulu with personnel located throughout the Pacific and continental U.S. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services that assist with effective management of key resources (facilities, space, inventory, costs, and organizations).
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer