Business Analyst – Program Support (1099)
U.S. Army Installation Management Command (IMCOM)
2405 Gun Shed Road | Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-1223
SYNCADD is looking for a Business Analyst to provide program support for IMCOM’s Installation Status Report (ISR) Program. Core ISR components, and other enterprise Programs that interact with ISR include but are not limited to; ISR Services (evaluates the cost and quality of installation support services provided to Soldiers and their families), ISR Mission Capacity (captures a holistic view of installation capacities and capabilities for resource categories such as water, land, air and energy), ISR Infrastructure (assesses the condition and mission capability of installation assets and identifies the funding necessary to improve facilities), and IMCOM’s Common Levels of Support Program (a defined set of installation support programs with three distinct tiers of associated cost/performance standards). Candidates will be a member of a three person team working on client site on Fort Sam Houston.
The Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to manage the ISR and other programs facilitating data collection, reporting and assessment processes. Responsibilities include communicating program goals and objectives, assisting installations with their participation in the program, and analyzing data to identify trends, risks, and best practices. Specific tasks include responding to Helpline requests via phone and email, training new users, refining performance metrics and assessment criteria, maintaining program policies and guidance, and developing reports and presentations. The ideal candidate has strong communication and administrative skills, is detail oriented, customer focused, and is knowledgeable of the ISR program and performance management processes.
The Business Analyst will work in a client-facing environment and in collaboration with a team to help create those outcomes that have economic and process improvement impact. Specific tasks may include:
- Prepare/maintain program documentation and schedules
- Assist Installations with data collection and reporting
- Guide IMCOM’s participation in the ISR Change Management Process
- Identify areas of risk and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Summarize and synthesize complex analyses into simplified terms and present results to decision makers in email messages, information papers and presentations
- Plan, evaluate, coordinate, and integrate actions with other staff elements and functions
- Train, coach and mentor stakeholders
Military experience or familiarity with Federal Government project work is desirable. At least five (5) years of direct experience in management and working with data intensive technical projects or other relevant experience requiring specialty expertise. Experience with complex work assignments requiring analytical and planning skills. Possess the technical competency to understand the potential and the limitations of installation management data collection and reporting systems and how they interface with assessment tools and management systems. Expertise with MS Excel and/or MS Access and MS PowerPoint. Able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources such as different files or databases. Able to use statistical and data modeling methods to define problems and determine optimal solutions, examine data/information to identify what is relevant to the problem and determine what methods should be used for analysis. Able to gather input from various users, stakeholders, or other subject matter experts to understand all aspects of an issue. Possess professional interpersonal skills to encourage, train and mentor users and act as a key liaison between team members, Government POCs, and the organization(s) they represent. Expertise creating reports, documents, and memos outlining key findings and present recommendations.
- A. or B.S. degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related mathematical/technical field; advanced degree a plus
- Possess a current, active Secret Clearance
- Must possess at least five (5) years of task lead or management experience
- Must possess strong MS Office skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Must possess problem solving skills
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage change
- DoD or Federal Government experience, specifically Army installation management
- Familiarity with the facility/building real property and management systems
- Knowledge/experience collecting or managing federal real property data
- Employs statistical and mathematical concepts to create models necessary for development of recommendations and solutions
- Familiarity with Army financial systems, including GFEBS
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Experience with MS Access and SQL Server
This job is a full time position and will be located on Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a current security clearance.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position includes health care and retirement benefits.
Apply here: Business Analyst – Program Support (1099)
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company servicing Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD‘s headquarters is located in Honolulu, HI with branch offices in Alexandria, VA, San Antonio, TX, and Daleville, VA and with personnel located throughout the continental United States. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services assisting with effective management of key resources.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer