Business Analyst – Alternate Team Lead (#1127)
U.S. Army Installation Management Command
G5 Plans Directorate
2405 Gun Shed Road | Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-1223
SYNCADD is looking for a Business Analyst to provide program support for IMCOM’s Installation Status Report (ISR) and Common Levels of Support (CLS) Programs. ISR Infrastructure (ISR-I) assesses condition and mission capability of installation assets and identifies the funding necessary to improve facilities. ISR Mission Capacity (ISR-MC) captures a holistic view of installation capacities and capabilities (energy and water security, renewable energy, training and ranges, etc.). ISR Services (ISR-S) evaluates the cost and quality of providing installation support services to Soldiers and their families. CLS is a decision support tool used to allocate resources across Installation services to ensure that Soldiers and their Families receive the same quality of service at every Installation. Candidates will be a member of a three-person team working on client site on Fort Sam Houston.
The Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to manage the ISR and CLS Programs. Responsibilities include communicating program goals and objectives, assisting the Installations with their participation in the program, and analyzing data to identify trends, risks, and best practices. Specific tasks include responding to Helpline requests via phone and email, training new users, refining performance metrics and assessment criteria, maintaining program policies and guidance, and developing reports to document performance. The ideal candidate has strong communication and administrative skills, is detail oriented, customer focused, and is knowledgeable in assessing performance against stated goals.
The Business Analyst will work in a client-facing environment and in collaboration with a team to help create those outcomes that have economic and process improvement impact. Specific tasks may include:
- Prepare Program documentation and schedules
- Assist Installations with data collection and reporting
- Guide IMCOM’s participation in the ISR Change Management Process
- Identify areas of risk and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Summarize and synthesize complex analyses into simplified terms and present results to decision makers in email messages, information papers and presentations
- Plan, evaluate, coordinate, and integrate actions with other staff elements and functions
B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, engineering, informatics or a related field. Familiarity with Federal Government project work is desirable. At least eight (8) years of direct experience in management and working with data intensive technical projects or other relevant experience requiring specialty expertise. This individual must have experience in complex work assignments requiring analytical and planning skills; have the technical competency to understand the potential and the limitations of information technology; be familiar with MS Access, able to write & communicate user needs/requests and convert them into technical specifications; able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources such as different databases; able to use statistical and data modeling methods to define problems and determine optimal solutions, examine data/information to identify what is relevant to the problem and determine what methods should be used for analysis; gather input from various users, stakeholders, or other subject matter experts to understand all aspects of the needs; act as a key liaison between team members and the organization(s) they represent; and create reports, documents, and memos outlining the key findings and present recommendations.
- Must possess a current, active Secret Clearance
- B.A. or B.S. degree; advanced degree a plus
- Must possess at least two (2) years of Installation Management experience (i.e. real property, master planning, facility, financial management, information system, etc.) for DoD or other Military, Federal, or State Agency
- Must possess at least five (5) years of data analysis project experience and/or performance metric development experience
- Must possess at least eight (8) years of management experience
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Access, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
- Must possess problem solving skills, including research design and methodology development
- Must possess experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Employs statistical and mathematical concepts to create models necessary for development of recommendations and solutions
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage change
- DoD or Federal Government experience, specifically Army installation management real property systems
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience with SQL Server
- Familiarity with the facility/building real property and management systems
- Familiarity with Army financial systems, including GFEBS
This job is a full-time position and will be located on Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. No travel is anticipated. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen.
The salary compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. This position includes health care and retirement benefits.
Apply here: Business Analyst – Alternate Team Lead (#1127)
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company that services Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD is headquartered in Honolulu with personnel located throughout the Pacific and continental U.S. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services that assist with effective management of key resources (facilities, space, inventory, costs, and organizations).
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer