Business Analyst (1117)
Location: Arlington, VA
SYNCADD is looking for a Business Analyst to provide program support for the U.S. Army’s Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management (OACSIM) Installation Status Report (ISR) Program. The ISR Program assesses condition and mission capability of installation assets, captures a holistic view of capacities and capabilities, and evaluates the cost and quality of providing installation support services to Soldiers and their families. Candidates will be part of a larger team, but will focus on leading analysis of Housing facilities and services across the Army, including Active Army, Army National Guard, and the Army Reserve.
The Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to manage the ISR Program for the OACSIM Housing Division. Responsibilities include communicating program goals and objectives, assisting the Housing Division with their participation in the ISR Program, and analyzing data to identify trends, risks, and best practices. Specific tasks include responding to data requests, training new users, refining performance metrics and assessment criteria, and developing reports to analyze Housing data. The ideal candidate has strong communication and administrative skills, is detail oriented, customer focused, and is knowledgeable in assessing performance against stated goals.
The Business Analyst will work in a client-facing environment and in collaboration with a team to help create those outcomes that have economic and process improvement impact. Specific tasks may include:
- Prepare Program documentation and schedules
- Assist OACSIM Housing Division with review and analysis of quarterly and annual ISR data
- Guide the OACSIM Housing Division’s participation in the ISR Change Management Process and the Installation Services Standards Working Group
- Identify areas of risk and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Summarize and synthesize complex analyses into simplified terms and present results to decision makers in email messages, information papers and presentations
- Plan, evaluate, coordinate, and integrate actions with other staff elements and functions
- Assist the OACSIM Housing Division with ensuring that correct and complete ISR data is passed to the Electronic Military Housing (eMH) system
- Attend meetings and generate Meeting Minutes
- Present ISR Overview presentations to various stakeholders
- Assist the OACSIM Housing division with input to Readiness Reporting and other reports, including ISR data and comment analysis
B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in business, engineering, informatics or a related field. Familiarity with Federal Government project work is desirable. At least five (5) years of direct experience in data intensive technical projects or other relevant experience requiring specialty expertise. This individual must have experience in complex work assignments requiring analytical and planning skills; have the technical competency to understand the potential and the limitations of information technology; be familiar with MS Access and Excel, able to write & communicate user needs/requests and convert them into technical specifications; able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources such as different databases; able to use statistical and data modeling methods to define problems and determine optimal solutions, examine data/information to identify what is relevant to the problem and determine what methods should be used for analysis; gather input from various users, stakeholders, or other subject matter experts to understand all aspects of the needs; act as a key liaison between vendors, IT professionals, and the organization(s) they represent; and create reports, documents, and memos outlining the key findings and present recommendations.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a current, active Secret clearance
- Must be able to work onsite at the Pentagon or SYNCADD’s office in Crystal City
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related mathematical/technical field; advanced degree a plus
- Must possess at least five (5) years of data analysis project experience
- Must possess strong MS Office skills including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must possess problem solving skills, including research design and methodology development
- Must possess experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage change
- DoD or Federal Government experience, specifically Army installation management real property systems
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
- Broad understanding of HQDA web based systems to include:
- Familiarity with Army financial systems, including GFEBS
This job is a full-time position and will be located in Northern Virginia. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must be a US citizen and capable of maintaining Secret security clearance.
Apply here: Business Analyst (1117).
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology company servicing Department of Defense customers globally. SYNCADD‘s headquarters is located in Honolulu, HI with branch offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and Daleville, VA and with personnel located throughout the continental United States. SYNCADD provides its customers with integrative technologies and services assisting with effective management of key resources.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer