Business Analyst (1112)
Location: Arlington, VA
SYNCADD is seeking a Business Analyst to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client at the Pentagon or via the SYNCADD Crystal City Office. The Business Analyst will be responsible for programmatic condition assessments, mission capabilities analysis, and evaluation of cost and quality associated with support services. Candidates will be part of a larger team, but will focus on program specific analysis of condition, quality, cost of facilities, capacities, and services across the DoD organization.
The Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to analyze program data and be responsible for communicating program goals and objectives, assisting the organizations with their participation in the program, and analyzing data to identify trends, risks, and best practices. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, be detail-oriented and have solid administrative skills, be customer-focused, and be knowledgeable in assessing performance against stated goals.
Specific tasks may include:
- Analyzing program data in order to identify and interpret trends or patterns
- Assisting with review and analysis of quarterly and annual data
- Summarizing and synthesizing complex analyses into simplified terms
- Developing and delivering reports, documentation, schedules, and presentations to stakeholders and decision makers
- Refining performance metrics and assessment criteria
- Responding to data and helpline requests
- Identifying, communicating, and aggregating stakeholder and user needs/requests
- Performing statistical and data modeling
- Guiding the Change Management Process and the Standards Working Group
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Planning, evaluating, coordinating, and integrating actions with other programs
- Training new users
- Attending meetings and generating Meeting Minutes
B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in business, engineering, informatics or a related field. Familiarity with Federal Government project work is desirable. At least five (5) years of direct experience in data intensive technical projects or other relevant experience requiring specialty expertise. This individual must have experience in complex work assignments requiring analytical and planning skills; have the technical competency to understand the potential and the limitations of information technology; be familiar with MS Access and Excel, able to write & communicate user needs/requests and convert them into technical specifications; able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources such as different databases; able to use statistical and data modeling methods to define problems and determine optimal solutions, examine data/information to identify what is relevant to the problem and determine what methods should be used for analysis; gather input from various users, stakeholders, or other subject matter experts to understand all aspects of the needs; act as a key liaison between vendors, IT professionals, and the organization(s) they represent; and create reports, documents, and memos outlining the key findings and present recommendations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be a US Citizen and possess a current, active Secret clearance
- Possess a B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related mathematical/technical field
- Offer at least five (5) years of data analysis project experience
- Have strong MS Office skills (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Be capable of problem solving, including research design and methodology development
- Be able to collect, analyze, and organize data from a variety of sources to include different databases or subject matter experts
- Offer experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage change
- DoD or Federal Government project work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
- Familiarity with Army financial systems, including GFEBS
- Understanding or familiarity with Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) web-based systems:
- Broad understanding of HQDA web based systems to include:
This job is a full-time position and will be located in Northern Virginia. The candidate may work on-site at the Pentagon or at SYNCADD’s Arlington, Virginia office located in Crystal City. Both locations offer convenient access to Metro, VRE, buses, bike commuting, and/or on-site parking.
SYNCADD Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology services company serving the Department of Defense. SYNCADD has provided technology solutions with a strong focus on customer success. SYNCADD is a Women Owned Small Business with corporate headquarters in Honolulu Hawaii, and regional offices in Crystal City, VA, and San Antonio, Texas.
SYNCADD is an Equal Opportunity Employer